CBD officially hit the market in 2018 when it became federally legal throughout the US. Research shows CBD has the ability to reduce anxiety, inflammation and nausea. And it’s also an ingredient that is now being widely used in beauty products as well.
What to Know About CBD Beauty Products
Here are a few things you should know when trying any new CBD beauty product:
- CBD comes from industrial hemp and is not psychoactive like THC. It does not make you high.
- CBD’s medicinal benefits are not yet backed by the FDA.
- From a topical and skincare standpoint, use CBD mainly to reduce inflammation to the area it’s applied.
- CBD is not a cure all. Treatment needs and application method or placement affect how well CBD beauty products work.
- CBD is not federally regulated; there are no required testing standards. Not all CBD products are equal. Do your research before purchasing and applying products.
- Educate yourself before ingesting or applying any new products. Make sure you know the correct milligrams and dosage for your needs.
- Start with a low dosage and increase the amount you need over time. Everyone is different and will react differently — you have to find what works for you.
- As with any health product, if you are pregnant or have existing health concerns, consult with your doctor before trying any CBD products
- Depending on your own state laws and/or the CBD manufacturer, there may be age restrictions to buy certain products. Follow all laws and guidelines when purchasing.
Products We Love
Although CBD beauty products are new to the US market, here are some THC-free products we recommend.
Skincando CBD Cleansing Oil + Makeup Remover
$60. Made in small batches locally in Washington, DC this cleansing oil and makeup remover is good for all skin types.
Wander CBD Salve
$45. Made in our hometown of Frederick, MD. An all purpose moisturizer and topical balm, this medicated salve is a family-friendly choice for treating muscle aches, bug bites, minor cuts and burns and irritated skin.
Relef CBD Advanced Repair Face Cream
$30. Packed with antioxidants, anti-aging and skin firming factors, this all-natural formula is formulated for dry to normal skin types. Perfect for daytime or nighttime use.
Lord Jones CBD Moisturizer
$75. A soothing CBD moisturizer formulated to help maintain the acid mantle (a protective barrier produced by healthy skin that serves as a defense to block bacteria and other contaminants), support the skin’s moisture barrier and rebalance the appearance of stressed skin.
Cannuka’s CBD Calming Eye Balm
$40. A unique combination of CBD and Manuka honey paired with grapefruit extract and vitamin E, this is a cool-to-the-touch balm that gives your eyes a refreshed look.
Kana Lavender Hemp Sleeping Mask
$55. A full-spectrum hemp-infused lavender sleeping mask with active botanicals that work in synergy to heal, hydrate and brighten your skin while you sleep.
Life Elements CBD Bath Bomb
$15. Mend your body and soul, these Bombs will calm your aching muscles and wash away chronic pain