This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you choose to click through and make a purchase, Sass Magazine may receive a small commission at no cost to you. We only suggest products we love!
Planning a vacation is so much fun. One of the first things that come to mind when going on a getaway is — packing. You have to consider the duration, weather, events, activities, and much more. It can get quite overwhelming when deciding what kind of outfits to pack in your luggage. But there’s a trick that can make the process easier – a travel “capsule wardrobe.”
A travel capsule wardrobe helps you avoid outfit disasters by providing all-inclusive pieces that can be mixed and matched. They are perfect for those who love simplicity and elegance. You can take all your favorite looks with you without having any bulky luggage or sacrificing your style quotient. Because it’s equipped with everything needed – from dresses to cardigans, tops to footwear. These clothes are typically lightweight and easy to pack so that they won’t take up much space. It is a great way to pack for vacation.
How Do I Create A Travel Capsule Wardrobe?
Start by selecting several key pieces from your wardrobe that can be mixed and matched. For example, you might choose a few pairs of pants, tops, and a few accessories. These can create a different look every time you step out with these pieces.
Here are some important tips for creating a travel capsule wardrobe:
- Choose clothes that belong to a similar color palette, so they can be mixed and matched easily.
- Pre-plan the number of pieces you’ll need depending on the days of your trip.
- Once you pick all the items of clothing, lay them out on the bed. So, you have a good view of them to make sure everything can be mixed and matched.
- Avoid packing items that are heavy or take up a lot of space.
- While packing, make sure you roll out the items that get wrinkled quickly.
How much do you need to pack?
- 1-2 pairs of shoes and 1 bag
- 2 bottoms and 1 dress
- 3 tops and 1 jacket
- 2 pairs of shoes and 1 bag
- 3 bottoms and 1 dress
- 5 tops and 1-2 jackets
- 2 pairs of shoes and 1-2 bags
- 3-4 bottoms and 1 dress
- 8 tops and 1-2 jackets
Still not sure what to pack for a vacation? Don’t worry; we have a few suggestions!
Summer Travel Capsule Wardrobe
For a trip to an Instagram-worthy tropical destination, we have put together some outfit ideas that will make you feel like the vacation never ends.
- Tops – Beige Top, White Cotton Shirt, and a White Racerback Tank
- Bottoms – Black Jeans, Denim Skort
- Dress – Black Slip Dress
- Outerwear – Short Sleeve Blazer
- Footwear – White Sneakers, Floral Sandals, Beige Pumps (one, you’ll be wearing, the other two you’ll pack)
- Accessories – Shoulder Bag
Let’s create several different looks with these items.
So there you have it – a travel capsule wardrobe to help you pack for vacation more easily. Whatever your personal style, whether you’re a modest fashionista, a badass biker chick, or a timeless classic, you can find pieces to mix and match. By choosing versatile, lightweight clothes, you can create multiple looks without taking up much space in your luggage.
Nadia Ahmed is the co-founder of ModishMuslimah, a curated modest fashion discovery platform. Nadia is passionate about fashion and strives to make modest wear a fashion trend among young girls.