This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you choose to click through and make a purchase, Sass Magazine may receive a small commission at no cost to you. We only suggest products we love!
Let’s talk about manifesting relationships and love in your life…
In my mid-20s, I ended a long-term relationship, initially thinking he was the one. Alone and heartbroken, I wondered when I’d meet my husband, especially as friends around me were engaged and having babies. Over the next few years, I went on a rollercoaster of numerous dates. I had exclusive relationships, but they all left me unhappy, broken, hating dating, and doubting if the right man existed.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Today, happily engaged and planning my wedding, the journey to finding my soulmate involved a significant change in myself. After realizing a pattern of failed relationships, I introspected. I acknowledged that accepting the bare minimum from a guy was not a recipe for success. I also took radical responsibility for my actions in those relationships as well. Clarity about my life goals, career, lifestyle, finances, and the people I wanted around me brought transformation to my romantic life.
Reflecting on past relationships
I made lists of what I hated, loved, and missed. While aware of manifesting and vision boards, I never got specific about the characteristics I desired in a relationship. Recognizing my lack of reflection on past experiences, I started setting boundaries and standards. Within months, I visualized and journaled about the ideal relationship. The characteristics and traits that he has, how the relationship feels, what we do together, and reshaping how I presented myself in the world.
During meditation, I started having a recurring visual of a couple and a golden retriever on a patio overlooking the ocean… though this was my goal this visual became so clear and real and it became a powerful inspiration. After six months of this new mindset shift, I met my now-fiancé at the gym, a place I had recently started going to at 6 am after changing my schedule from evening workouts.
Initially, we became acquaintances and then friends on a business level, he never made a romantic move and after living in Los Angeles for 7 years I was jaded and figured if a guy wasn’t making a move they were not interested and I was no longer chasing them. It took a non-business environment experience – an all-day outing that turned into dinner and then a night out (because we were having so much fun and didn’t want the day to end), for us to realize our connection. Since that day, we’ve been together, never questioning our relationship, and are now engaged.
Reflecting back on the visualization download (which I now realize was from my future self), our life now resembles the image I had seen — a home with a balcony overlooking the ocean and a golden retriever puppy, just as I had visualized before meeting him. When it comes to manifesting, I don’t believe in manifesting a specific person, but clarity on desired characteristics and traits in a relationship is key and not allow yourself to settle for anything less.
Here’s the method I used to manifest my dream partner:
- Clarity on Desires: Clearly define what you want in a partner and relationship. Be specific about their traits, values, and how you want the relationship to feel.
- Positive Visualization: Create a mental image of yourself in a happy and fulfilling relationship. Visualize the characteristics of your ideal partner and imagine the positive experiences you’ll share together.
- Self-Love and Self-Care: Cultivate self-love and take care of yourself. When you radiate positivity and self-confidence, you become more attractive to potential partners.
- Live as if It’s Already Happened: Act as if you’re already in the relationship you desire. Make space in your life for a partner, engage in activities you enjoy, and be open to new experiences.
- Be Open and Present: Be open to meeting new people and allow yourself to be present in social situations. Engage in activities that align with your interests, increasing the chances of meeting like-minded individuals.
xx with love & gratitude,
Samantha Kozuch is a self-development and mindset coach and the visionary creator of The Maniscripting Journal, a popular life design and manifestation journal. She also hosts the Money, Mindset, and Manicures podcast. She empowers women from all walks of life to take decisive steps toward their dreams, cultivating resilience and purpose along the way.