We’ve all heard that too much screen time is bad for us in a bunch of ways. Among other things, it can affect our sleep, eyesight, stress levels, self-esteem, anxiety, and social connectedness. Every now and then we just need to put the screens down and step away! Are you ready to have a reset but wondering about things to do that don’t involve your phone? Here are a few ideas for your next screen-free evening.
Be a Player
- Practice your golf swing or shoot some hoops in the driveway
- There are plenty of things to do with cards; try a new card game
- Break out a board game! Here are some of our Sass Crew favorites
- Walk and talk with your family. Maybe it’s time to brainstorm next year’s vacay destination!
- Nothing beats sitting around the firepit and making s’mores
- There are always things to do in the yard. No time like the present to clean out the flowerbeds
- A bubble bath and a good book are good for the soul
- Break out your face masks and nail polish for some beauty treatments
- Do you keep a journal? Break it out and dump all your thoughts and feelings into it
Get in the Kitchen
- Baking for your friends and family feels good for you and them
- Practice creating some cocktails
- Prep your meals for the coming week. You’ll thank yourself later!
- You’ve been putting it off but now’s the time to purge your wardrobe, clean your jewelry, and catch up on your ironing
- The holidays are coming. Decorate and make your house feel festive!
- Write some real life, snail mail, honest to goodness thank you letters
However you spend your screen-free evening, you’ll be glad you gave yourself a break from the norm. We all need a reset from time to time. And this list of things to do is just the beginning!