Now Hiring: Magazine Sales Associate
Join Our Team!
Kick-Ass Manager Wanted for Fast-Growing Women’s Lifestyle Magazine
Sass Magazine, headquartered in Frederick, MD, is a growing women’s lifestyle and professional publication, both as a regional print magazine and a national online media source.
Sass Studios, publishers of Sass Magazine, seeks an energetic, organized, detail-oriented and ambitious individual to join our growing team. The Magazine & Events Manager will report to and work directly with the founder and owner of Sass Magazine and will communicate with our writers, sources, photographers, and event vendors. This is a part-time position, based on approximately 15-20 hours per week, with the possibility to grow into a full-time position.
The position is ideal for someone who is both detail-oriented and a creative thinker, as well as someone who is capable of staying on top of all the details and deadlines that are part of our magazine’s production. The candidate must also have excellent communication skills via email, phone, and in person.
If you are a self-motivated individual who is hoping to continuously learn on the job, flex your writing skills, help plan amazing events, and have opportunities to help empower women—you’re in the right place! If you want to clock in and clock out, while simply being a “yes (wo)man”, – sorry, we’re not for you!
The right candidate will join our growing and collaborative team to produce top-notch editorial content as well as fun and educational events throughout our western Maryland region. This position is mainly virtual, though availability for in-person meetings, tasks, and event setup is preferred. While hours are flexible, candidate must be available during normal workday hours, as well as during evening events when scheduled.
Creative Content Tasks: Attend weekly content brainstorming sessions with Sass team members. Help publisher develop editorial calendars and story content ideas. Write spotlight articles and special interview sections.
Communication Outreach Tasks: Assign writer and photographer assignments. Communicate and coordinate all scheduling with sources, writers, and photographers.
Management: Manage distribution data and magazine subscriptions on a bi-monthly basis. Coordinate all article and photography submissions with copy editor as needed.
Event Task: Help plan Sass events, coordinating with all venue and event vendors. Help market and promote Sass events. Attend, set up, and manage both virtual and in-person events.
Misc. Tasks: Other miscellaneous administrative projects as required.
- Optimism and a desire to learn
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills – both electronically and paper-based
- Very strong communication skills, including both written and in-person
- Dedication to error-free work and communications; attention to detail, including spelling and grammar
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple calendars using applications such as Google Calendar, and other technology applications to optimize and organize editorial calendars
- Experience with writing and/or blogging
- Knowledge or experience with WordPress websites is recommended
- Knowledge or experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs is a huge plus, though not required
How to Apply
Think you can help us continue to grow our women’s lifestyle magazine as a magazine sales associate? Here’s what we want to see from you:
- Send us a cover letter and tell us why you want to work for a small, niche women’s magazine, include information on how you stay organized and on deadlines.
- Include your current resume with your contact information as an attached pdf file
- Check out some of our previous articles and pitch us 5 ideas for new article ideas. Include the title of the article, as well as 1-3 sentences explaining what the article will be about
- Email all application materials to email@example.com, with the Subject Line: Sass Magazine Manager
Deadline for Applications: Saturday, March 19, 2022
Need Some Inspiration?
Check out some of our career-related articles for some inspiration and tips on job applications and the hiring process:
- Girl’s Guide To Getting Hired
- Ace it All: From Resume To Job Offer
- Three Ways to Boost Confidence & “Wear Your Awesome”
- The Emotional Roller Coaster of Changing Careers