Now Hiring: Magazine Sales Associate
Join Our Team!
Motivated Magazine Sales Associate Wanted for Fast-Growing Lifestyle Media Company
Sass Magazine, headquartered in Frederick, MD, is a growing women’s lifestyle and professional publication, both as a regional print magazine and a national online media source.
Sass Studios, publishers of Sass Magazine, seeks an organized, detail-oriented and ambitious individual to join our growing team. The Sales Associate position will report work directly with the founder and owner of Sass Magazine, and will communicate with our advertisers, sponsors and partners. This is a part time position, based on approximately 10-15 hours per week, with the possibility to grow into a full-time position.
The position is ideal for someone who is self motivated, a good networker and an out-of-the-box thinker. Must be capable of staying on top of all the details, deadlines and follow-ups that are part of our magazine’s production. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills via email, phone and in person. This position is available for those with prior sales experience, media sales experience is preferred but not required.
If you are a self-motivated individual who is hoping to continuously learn on the job, meet new and exciting people, improve your communications skills, and have opportunities to help empower women—you’re in the right place! If you want to clock in and clock out, while simply being a “yes (wo)man”, – sorry, we’re not for you!
The right candidate will join our growing and collaborative team and sell print and digital opportunities to advertisers on both a local and regional scale. This position is mainly virtual, though availability for in-person meetings, tasks and events is a bonus. While hours are flexible, candidate must be available during normal workday hours as needed. Candidate must supply their own computer.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate prospective client needs, establish creative solutions, and build long-lasting relationships
- Very strong communication skills, including both written and in-person
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Prior sales experience
- Dedication to error-free work and communications; attention to detail, including spelling and grammar
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to keep track of multiple deadlines, contacts and follow-ups.
- Knowledge or experience with Hubspot or other CRM systems is recommended
How to Apply
Think you can help us continue to grow our women’s lifestyle magazine? Here’s what we want to see from you:
- Send us a cover letter and tell why you’re the best candidate for this position
- Include information on how you stay organized and on top of deadlines
- Include your current resume with your contact information as a pdf file
- Email all materials in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Line: Sass Sales Associate
Deadline for Applications: Saturday, March 26, 2022
Need Some Inspiration?
Check out some of our career-related articles for some inspiration and tips on job applications and the hiring process:
- Girl’s Guide To Getting Hired
- Ace it All: From Resume To Job Offer
- 7 Steps to Writing a Powerful Elevator Pitch
- Side Hustles for Women Can Lead to Big Business