Become a Contributor for Sass Magazine!
Do you love to write? Become a contributor for SassMagazine.com! We are a lifestyle, wellness, travel, style, and women’s health magazine. We are looking for writers passionate about empowering women on a range of subjects, from relationships to business advice to life at home—and everything in between. We are a digital media resource, not a blog, therefore we prefer not to publish personal stories. Rather, we look for informative, witty, and educational posts full of evergreen content that can remain relevant to our community through time. We’d love for you to become a contributor for Sass Magazine!
Article pitches may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All article submissions must:
- be uniquely written for SassMagazine.com
- be written in second or third person; i.e., “you write”, “he/she/they/it writes”; occasionally we use a collective first-person perspective (i.e. “we/our/us); do not use the “I” perspective unless previously approved by Sass
- be sent through Google Docs or attached as a .doc or .docx.
- not include any business or promotional links unless they are part of a paid sponsored article (all links will be removed unless previously approved by a Sass editor)
- include your writer bio information (see below), unless previously submitted
All writer bios must:
- include the author’s first and last name
- include a 2-3 sentence author bio (unless previously sent)
- include an author headshot, separately attached to the email as an image file (unless previously sent)
- include your social media links and/or website link
How it works
Web contributors are not employees of Sass Magazine and do not receive compensation for submissions. You may choose to pitch articles ideas, or we can provide article ideas to you. We ask that all submissions be proofread and editing for spelling and fact checking before they are submitted. We reserve the right to edit articles as needed to fit our brand voice or for SEO purposes.
Why should I write for SassMagazine.com?
Sass Magazine provides a large, diverse audience of women for you to share your ideas and advice with. All web articles are posted on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. You may use your personal social media and website to promote any of your Sass Magazine articles and to build a fan base and readership within the Sass Magazine community. All writers are given their own contributor page, which include a bio, photo, website link and social media links.
How often can I submit?
You may choose to submit one time, or multiple times! We do not hold our web writers to a specific number of posts, though we do love when writers contribute on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. We keep a flexible editorial calendar and are understanding when life circumstances get in the way of meeting deadlines.
If you would like to become a contributor to SassMagazine.com, download our full web writer guidelines:
Disclaimer: We do not guarantee that all articles submitted will be posted, and we reserve the right to choose only articles that fit our mission and overall voice. Your article may be edited as needed for SEO, tone of voice, messaging, etc.
Interested in writing for our sister publication?
Also interested in writing for EverydayDogMagazine.com, our online dog lover’s lifestyle magazine? View our contributor details and pitch us a story idea!