Everyone has a favorite holiday movie. You know, the one you watch every year or it won’t feel quite like Christmas. Some of us feel that way about cocktails too. Here are two Christmas cocktail recipes inspired by some of our favorite holiday movies.
Try them with guests, the family, or while watching a holiday movie and wrapping gifts!
Bernard’s Bourbon Cider
We recommend watching The Santa Clause (1994) with this one but it pairs well with other holiday movies, decorating the house, or holiday party madness.
- Bourbon (1 ½ oz) I used Makers, but you can use your favorite
- Orange Bitters (2 dashes)
- Rosemary Simple syrup (1/2 oz)
- Apple Cider (2 oz)
- Dash of Apple Pie Spice
- Fill glass with ice and set to the side
- In a shaker add your apple pie spice, then a handful of ice
- Add your bourbon, orange bitters, rosemary simple syrup, and apple cider
- Cover shaker, Shake, shake, shake
- Strain over ice in your glass
- Garnish with Rosemary sprig, orange peel, and cinnamon stick
- Don’t forget to CHEERS!
How To Make Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 Rosemary sprigs
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and stir till you bring to a boil
- Turn down flame after boil and let simmer while stirring 12-15 min.
- Let cool
- Put in jar/container and refrigerate. This amount makes up to 5 to 7 cocktails
The Cousin Eddie
This cocktail is an ode to the all-time classic, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. We’re gonna have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas, this simple holiday cocktail will not disappoint.
- Jameson (1 to 1 ½ oz) depending on how strong you like your cocktail
- Kahlua (1 to 1 ½ oz)
- Egg Nog (2oz)
- Whip cream
- Ground Cinnamon
- In a shaker add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon then a handful of ice
- Add Jameson, Kahlua, egg nog,
- Shake, shake, shake
- Pour into a cute holiday glass
- Garnish with a spray of whip cream and top with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Don’t forget to CHEERS!
Find more Holiday recipes like a Delicious Whiskey & Ginger Cocktail or fun Holiday Pie Recipes with a Twist!
Amanda Rae from Grayslake, Il has been in the bar business for almost 15 years. She enjoyed making cocktails for guests so must that she decided to make a business out of it. She has created an Instagram page called @boozy_barmaid_ where she shares all of her creative drinks and sells cocktail kits. Her dream is to one day write a recipe book. Growing up she was a huge movie buff and that has not changed. When she is not busy mixing up great drinks, you can find her hanging with her fiancé and dog watching movies.
What do you think?