Look good, feel good – right? Properly fitting clothes will make you feel good, and will help you make a good impression. However, finding the right clothes to invest in can be a considerable struggle. The last thing you want is to spend a fortune on staple items, only to have buyer’s remorse about your selections. Jeans for women come in innumerable styles, price ranges, and levels of quality. But good jeans are worth it – they look good, they feel good, and they should be made to last. Here are some tips to help you find the best jeans for your body.
You may also be interested in:
- Shades of the Season: Natural Tones
- Tips to Get Through the Back to School Transition
- Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products (That Work)
Start with the Internet
The internet is full of resources that can help you figure out exactly what kind of jeans you’re looking for.
- Online stores: Obviously this is where you can buy jeans, but just by browsing you’re likely to learn what options are available in your size and price range, and you can read reviews from other shoppers.
- Social media: Instagram and Pinterest will give you tons of inspiration and some insight into what’s popular right now. You might also learn about some stores you didn’t know about.
- Fashion blogs: Influencers serve a good purpose, and can take a lot of the footwork out of trying to figure out what kinds of jeans you like and where to find them. Follow a few fashion influencers and you’ll start to notice some trends in what you like.
Study the Styles
There are various types of jeans out there, and each type offers a different fit. For instance:
- Bootcut: These jeans are fitted from hip to knee, then looser from knee to ankle. They were particularly popular in the 1990s and are still trendy today.
- Flared: Similar to bootcut, these jeans will be fitted to the knee but then flare out dramatically from knee to ankle.
- Straight: As the name implies, these jeans are straight from the hip to the ankle. These are ideal if you want a more comfortable and classic fit.
- High Rise: Whereas there was a time when jeans were worn low around the hips, this style brings the waistband all the way up to just below the bellybutton.
- Skinny: These jeans are designed to fit snug and tight all over.
Narrow Down Your Fashion Preferences
Once you have an idea of what’s out there and what appeals to you, make a list of exactly what attributes you’re looking for in your new jeans. The list can include the following details:
- Brands or designers whose styles you like
- Materials (do you want your jeans to be stretchy?)
- Pocket size, placement, and embellishment
- Level of distressing, if any
Jeans for Women That We Love[show_shopthepost_widget id=”4557625″]
Invest in Quality Styles
A quality pair of jeans for women should last for many years, and if you choose a timeless style then you’re likely to be fashionable wearing them for just as long. Alternatively, if your preference is for something fun and trendy you might prioritize your purchase criteria differently. In either case, a little research ahead of time will help guide your decision and lead you to a pair of jeans you truly feel good about wearing.
McKenzie is your typical Midwestern gal. When she is not writing or reading, she can be found training for her next half-marathon, baking something sweet, playing her guitar, or cuddled up with her golden retriever, Cooper. She loves watching football, fall weather, and long road trips. McKenzie enjoys online shopping and finding new clothing shops like ruby rd jeans.